- HELP for Domestic Workers: a non profit organisation that provides free advice and assistance on employment, immigration and human rights issues to domestic workers in Hong Kong.
- Mission for Migrant Workers: An organisation committed to promoting service to migrant workers in Hong Kong. (Bethune House – Shelter for domestic workers)
- Pathfinders: PathFinders ensures that the most vulnerable children born in Hong Kong, and their migrant mothers, are respected and protected.
Where possible, hire a domestic worker already in Hong Kong and do it without using an employment agency. Alternatively use a reputable and ethical employment agency that does not charge the domestic worker, such as Fair Employment Agency, Maid for You, or a direct hiring platform such as Helper Choice. Read why you should use ethical agencies or direct hire for hiring a domestic worker: “Employment Agency Fees Uncovered”.
Helpwise: provides phone consultations and workshops to help employers manage domestic help. They offer practical advice for hiring, training, and managing a domestic worker.
- Immigration Department Website
- Immigration Department’s: Frequently Asked Questions about Foreign Domestic Helpers
- Labor Department Website
- Practical Guide for Employment of Foreign Domestic Helpers – What foreign domestic helpers and their employers should know
- Foreign Domestic Helpers Rights and Protection under the Employment Ordinance
- Labour Tribunal
- Labour Relations Offices
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Philippines
- Philippines Overseas Labor Office
- Indonesian Consulate